Konover Hotel Corporation (KHC) held its annual Year-End Summit on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at the Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Roseville, Michigan. The annual event is a featured component of the Konover KARES (Konover Awards Recognize Excellent Service) Certification and Recognition Program that promotes professional growth and recognizes superior performance within the KHC organization.
Annual Konover KARES (KK) awards were presented to high performing staff and properties within the KHC portfolio. Award winners were:
- Best revenue growth vs Budget: Adrian Super 8, Adrian, MI
- Best RevPAR index growth vs Previous Year: Adrian Super 8
- Best GOP Margin vs Previous Year: Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Best GOP Margin vs Budget: Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Lowest turnover for 2014: Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Accident Free 2014: Adrian Holiday Inn Express, MI, and Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Quality Award: Uncasville Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, Uncasville, CT
- KHC Most supportive team member: Judy Nelson, KHC West Hartford, CT
- KK Associate of the year: Coral Brown, Marshall Holiday Inn Express, Marshall, MI
- KK Manager of the year: Bethany Maynard, Adrian Holiday Inn Express, Adrian, MI
- KK General Manager of the year: Traci LaShomb, CHA, Uncasville Microtel Inn & Suites
Peter H. Mason, CHA, Executive Vice President of Konover Hotel Corporation, hosted the day-long conference and awards ceremony. The morning session focused on Human Resources, presented by Joanna Negron of The Simon Konover Company. The afternoon session featured sales and marketing presentations from select KHC staff, including Tai Trent of the Roseville Holiday Inn Express & Suites; Kim Harrison of the Hampton Inn Marshall, MI; and Richelle Meneses of the Uncasville Microtel Inn & Suites.
KHC designed and implemented the Konover KARES Certification and Recognition Program to offer guidelines for performance and skill-set goals as well as recognition for meeting and exceeding those goals. The program is intended to help attract and retain superior associates.