Service Manager - Konover Residential Corporation - New London, CT
JOB SUMMARY: Performs service duties and supervises and coordinates activities of workers to insure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of grounds and buildings of the property is completed in an efficient manner.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
This is a senior level maintenance person on site and he/she reports directly to the Property Manager. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for the overall development and operation of the maintenance functions on site. This person will perform and direct lower level maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, motor vehicles and equipment. All work will be accomplished in accordance with Konover Residential Corporation Maintenance Policies and Procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for timely response to service requests, make-readies, etc., including responding to service requests within 24 hours and completing turnovers within three days.
- Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- To follow schedule prepared by Property Manager.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Perform other duties assigned by Property Manager.
- Perform turnover of apartments including cleaning, painting and other repairs as directed by Property Manager.
- To lift and carry weight up to 45 pounds without assistance
- To be able to climb ladders in excess of 10 feet.
- Have thorough knowledge of power, water and any gas turnoffs, clean out traps, fire extinguishers and hydrants.
- Responsible for scheduling and ensuring that 24 hour property coverage is provided.
- Ensure that emergency telephone numbers are distributed and available to management and maintenance staff as well as to answering service personnel accepting after-hours calls.
- Responsible for frequent inspections of all grounds, structures, and systems and correct any problems or notify management of findings which are in need of a solution.
- Meet with Property Manager on a daily basis to discuss outstanding maintenance issues and status of scheduled work.
- Ensure that workshop area(s) will be kept clean, orderly and safe.
- Assist the Property Manager in the implementation of the safety policy. Ensure compliance with safety policy and the use of personal protective equipment by all maintenance staff
- Perform such other work related duties which may be assigned by the company.
- Responsible for interviewing, screening and recommendations for any potential service, custodial or grounds personnel.
- Responsible for the subsequent training of all service, custodial or grounds personnel.
- Assisting in the disciplinary or promotional recommendations required for all service, custodial and grounds personnel.
- Responsible for insuring OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- Assist in the preparation of the maintenance portion of the overall property budget and ensure that all maintenance operating expenses are within the existing budget.
- Work with Property Manager to develop and implement an inventory control program for all supplies and materials.
- Responsible for the research and evaluation of all current and potential products used in the maintenance and upkeep of the property.
- Specifically responsible for the scheduling of product review appointments in such a manner as to avoid “drop-in” sales calls.
- Responsible for the inventory, ordering and delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment for the service, custodial and grounds departments under the direction and with the approval of the Property Manager.
- Responsible for development, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance on all structures, systems, equipment and motor vehicles.
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by Konover Residential Corporation and its affiliated companies.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude for all service, custodial and grounds personnel at all times.
- Responsible to know and adhere to all federal, state and local laws as well as all policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.