Service Manager for Apartment Community - Trumbull, CT - Konover Residential Corporation
JOB SUMMARY: Performs service duties and supervises and coordinates activities of workers to ensure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of grounds and buildings of the property is completed in an efficient manner. This position is eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus after satisfactory performance of 90 days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Assist the Property Manager in the implementation of the safety policy. Ensure compliance with safety policy and the use of personal protective equipment by all maintenance staff.
- Perform other work related duties which may be assigned by the company.
- Responsible for interviewing, screening and recommendations for any potential service, custodial or grounds personnel.
- Responsible for the subsequent training of all service, custodial or grounds personnel.
- Assisting in the disciplinary or promotional recommendations required for all service, custodial and grounds personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- Assist in the preparation of the maintenance portion of the overall property budget and ensure that all maintenance operating expenses are within the existing budget.
- Work with Property Manager to develop and implement an inventory control program for all supplies and materials.
- Attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
This is a senior level maintenance person on site and he/she reports directly to the Property Manager. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for the overall development and operation of the maintenance functions on site. This person will perform and direct lower-level maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, motor vehicles and equipment. This position is with Konover Residential Corporation and all work will be accomplished in accordance with Konover Residential Corporation Maintenance Policies and Procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.