Resident Services Coordinator - Konover Residential Corporation - West Hartford, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The Resident Services Coordinator works in cooperation with the on-site management staff to improve the quality of life of our residents by providing social, education, recreational programs and services, case management and referrals.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- To adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Conduct resident assessment at the move-in and on a yearly basis to identify community needs and interests.
- Develop, coordinate and implement programs and services to address identified areas of need and interest.
- Through reference from management staff, conduct one-to-one assessments, determine intervention measures; providing appropriate referrals to social service and/or human resource agencies; monitor service provision and conduct follow-up assessments.
- Implement procedures to resolve disputes between residents, including problem solving conflict mediation and resolution through written agreements.
- Be aware of and operate within the Fair Housing Guidelines and company policies.
- Design, develop and distribute a newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the local Police Department’s Crime Watch Division. Recruit and maintain their involvement in coordinating Neighborhood Crime Watch and other crime prevention programs.
- Develop, implement and monitor positive resident relations programs.
- Monitor all programs which are conducted on-site by outside agencies and ensure compliance with service agreements.
- Assist in facilitating resident meetings.
- Assist residents in organizing a Resident Association.
- Participate in local coalition and community task force meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Perform duties assigned by the Property Manager.
- Follow schedule prepared by the Property Manager.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.