Property Manager for Apartment Community in New Haven, CT - Konover Residential Corporation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position is the senior management person on site. The Property Manager is responsible for the overall management of the site including planning, marketing, leasing, budgeting, fiscal management, maintenance supervision and administration. The Property Manager supervises all personnel on site and reports to the Regional Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Konover Residential Corporation and its affiliated companies.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring all property employees in consultation with the RPM.
- Responsible for ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times for yourself and all property employees.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Konover Residential Corporation and its affiliated companies; insuring through constant supervision and review that all personnel in all departments are operating within those regulations.
- Be familiar with and operate the property and personnel within Fair Housing guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show; responsible for maintaining work areas and office in clean and orderly manner; need to have an awareness of the “curb appeal” of the property.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel respond to resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Responsible for job counseling, employee disciplinary notices, and performance evaluations for employees on site in consultation with the RPM.
- Operate the property within the financial guidelines, i.e., the budget, established by the RPM and Owner.
- In consultation with the RPM prepare the property’s operating budget.
- Responsible for property contracts and suppliers as well as their goods and services.
- Knowledgeable in and comply with all local, state and federal regulations governing the property including landlord/tenant regulations.
- Responsible for adhering to Company policy on delinquent rents and other non-compliant lease violations. Process evictions in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Responsible for all unit inspections including annual inspections, unit move-ins, and move-outs. Preparation of all security dispositions including any damages.
- Responsible for the leasing of the property; insuring through supervision of the office and leasing personnel that all sales techniques and methods required by the management company and fair housing standards are being used effectively and in a professional manner. Thorough knowledge of application procedure, screening process, and policies regarding rentals. Fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of property.
- Responsible for implementing, designing and maintaining a resident retention program, i.e. newsletter, resident referral program or social activities.
- Responsible for lease renewal and recertification procedures.
- Responsible for market surveys and awareness of market conditions. Develop and administer a marketing plan for the property in consultation with the RPM. Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
- Responsible for generating various reports, i.e., Company-required reports, HUD information etc., in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsible for collection of rents and all monies on site including daily bank deposits and records.
- Maintain and submit accurate payroll records.
- Responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents, property or personnel.
- Responsible for reporting any property loss or liability related incidents and work-related injuries to the RPM, Director of Property Management, and to the claims person at Konover Residential Corporation.
- Maintain required safety records, conduct semi-annual safety survey and conduct regular monthly safety meetings for all site employees, maintaining safety meeting records.
- Daily physical inspections of the property and direct supervision of the service, grounds and custodial personnel through the Service Manager. Responsible for generating the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that scheduling for 24-hour property coverage is maintained for maintenance emergencies.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the company.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an on-going effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employee contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.