Maintenance Technician - Norwich, CT - Konover Residential Corporation
Scope of Duties: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation's philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- To perform the duties assigned by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- To follow the schedule prepared by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
- Perform turnover of apartments including cleaning, painting, carpet shampooing and other repairs as directed by the Property Manager/Service Manager promptly.
- Perform all maintenance and repair operations as the site including responding to service requests with 24 hours and refurbishing vacant units within 3 working days. Maintenance and repair operations include, but are not limited to, areas of plumbing, minor electrical and carpentry work.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Responsible for being available for emergency after-hour call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. When on-call, insure responses to calls are made in a timely manner.
- Have thorough knowledge of power, water and any gas turnoffs, cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants.
- Responsible for maintaining all buildings, common areas and grounds in a safe and clean manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times. To wear the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours. Wear personal protective equipment as required by policy, including lumbar belt, wrap around safety goggles, and cut/slash proof gloves.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Perform frequent inspections of all grounds, structures and systems. Correct any problems or notify management of areas in need of a solutions.
- Make management approved purchases of all supplies, equipment and materials in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Have constant knowledge of the condition of the physical property and immediately correct unsafe conditions, i.e. broken fencing, steps, open holes, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.