Maintenance Technician for Residential Apartment Community - Manchester, CT - Konover Residential Corporation
Konover Residential Corporation is looking for a Maintenance Technician in the Manchester, CT area. We are seeking a highly dedicated and motivated team player to join our maintenance staff. Workable knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and appliance repair experience a plus.
- To perform the duties assigned by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- To follow the schedule prepared by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
- Perform turnover of apartments including cleaning, painting, carpet shampooing and other repairs as directed by the Property Manager/Service Manager promptly.
- Perform all maintenance and repair operations as the site including responding to service requests with 24 hours and refurbishing vacant units within 3 working days. Maintenance and repair operations include, but are not limited to, areas of plumbing, minor electrical and carpentry work.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Responsible for being available for emergency after-hour call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. When on-call, ensure responses to calls are made in a timely manner.
- Have thorough knowledge of power, water and any gas turnoffs, cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants.
- Responsible for maintaining all buildings, common areas and grounds in a safe and clean manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times. To wear the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours. Wear personal protective equipment as required by policy, including lumbar belt, wrap around safety goggles, and cut/slash proof gloves.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Perform frequent inspections of all grounds, structures and systems. Correct any problems or notify management of areas in need of a solutions.
- Make management approved purchases of all supplies, equipment and materials in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Have constant knowledge of the condition of the physical property and immediately correct unsafe conditions, i.e. broken fencing, steps, open holes
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and move more than 100 pounds as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.