Maintenance Tech – Carol Stream, IL
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the property buildings and grounds in a supportive role.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Perform the duties assigned by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- Follow the schedule prepared by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools and equipment.
- Perform turnover of apartments including cleaning, painting, carpet shampooing and other repairs as directed by the Property Manager/Service Manager promptly.
- Perform all maintenance and repair operations at the site including responding to service requests within 24 hours and refurbishing vacant units within 3 working days. Maintenance and repair operations include but are not limited to, areas of plumbing, minor electrical and carpentry work.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Responsible for being available for emergency after-hour call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. When on-call, ensure responses to calls are made in a timely manner.
- Have thorough knowledge of power, water and any gas turnoffs, cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants.
- Responsible for maintaining all buildings, common areas and grounds in a safe and clean manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times. To wear the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours. Wear personal protective equipment as required by policy, including lumbar belt, wrap around safety goggles, and cut/slash proof gloves.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Able to climb ladders to a height in excess of 10 feet.
- Lift and carry weight up to 45 pounds without assistance.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies, personal tools, and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- To be able to operate machinery, tools, and equipment necessary to perform the Maintenance Technician’s duties. To perform routine maintenance on all power tools and equipment.
- Perform special assignments as needed or requested by the company. This may include travel to another apartment community under the control of Konover Residential Corporation in order to assist in maintenance related work.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Adhere to and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
- To report actual and potential problems including potential liability and workplace hazards to the Property Manager/Service Manager promptly.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- Respond to training provided by the company to improve qualifications to perform repairs of increasing complexity on buildings, systems, and equipment contained in the property.
- To participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.