Leasing Agent For Apartment Community - Freeport/Scarborough, ME - Konover Residential Corporation
JOB SUMMARY: Shows and leases apartments, town homes, or condominiums to prospective residents and supports property’s marketing plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Complete lease forms or agreements and collect rental deposit.
- Ensure the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show; responsible for maintaining work areas and office in clean and orderly manner; need to have an awareness of the “curb appeal” of the property.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of property.
- Maintain contact with all apartment locator services and local businesses to provide informational material. Update periodically.
- Responsible for “shopping” competitive properties.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening process and policies regarding rentals.
- Develop and maintain on-going resident retention program under direction of Property Manager.
- Proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
- Maintain and update Property Information Handbook and Advertising Log Book.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Courteous, efficient handling of resident requests and complaints.
- Always maintaining a professional appearance and attitude.
- Seek educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- The Leasing Agent leases to qualified and appropriate applicants in accordance with Company procedure, Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements, and Fair Housing Guidelines.
- Included in the overall responsibility of leasing apartments is taking telephone inquiries, greeting prospects, showing apartments, taking applications and deposits, verifying information, and follow-up of all prospects. The application and all information, including the deposit, is turned over to the on-site Property Manager for processing.
- The Leasing Agent will recommend advertising and specific promotions for the property he/she is assigned.
- The Leasing Agent will also be responsible for conducting marketing surveys, making marketing recommendations based on an analysis of the surveys and making community contacts with large employers, real estate agencies, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- It is the responsibility of the Leasing Agent to ensure that the office, clubroom models and “market ready” vacants are in perfect condition. Clean, vacuum, and dust when needed. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needed to maintenance staff. Inspect move-outs and vacancies.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective residentof results. Type resident communications, i.e., pest control notices, etc., complete all lease paperwork, including related addendum, accept rents and deposits.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e., late payment, eviction notices, returned check memo).
- It is the Leasing Agent’s responsibility to know and adhere to all Federal, State and local laws, as well as all policies and procedures issued by Konover Residential Corporation.
- Attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the Company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The Connecticut Real Estate License is required for all Connecticut properties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is with Konover Residential Corporation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.