Groundskeeper for Apartment Community in Manchester, CT - Konover Residential Corporation
Scope of Duties: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which include cleaning and removing of trash.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Be able to work on-call.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Be aware of and operate within the Fair Housing Standards and company policies.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- To perform duties assigned by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- To follow the schedule prepared by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- To be able to operate machinery and equipment necessary to perform the Groundskeeper’s duties.
- Perform such functions as mowing, raking, planting, fertilizing, watering, edging, weeding, installing mulch and pruning shrubs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on grounds equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers and edgers.
- Perform special assignments as needed or requested by the Service Manager or Property Manager.
- Wear personal protective equipment, as required by policy, including: lumbar belt, wrap around goggles, and cut/slash gloves.
- To attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the Company
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; climb or balance; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.