Custodian/Maintenance – Part Time - Springfield, MA
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which include cleaning and removing of trash.
- To be able to operate machinery and equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance on grounds equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers and edges.
- Perform such functions as mowing, raking, planting, fertilizing, watering, edging, weeding, installing mulch and pruning shrubs.
- Light maintenance.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Be able to work on-call.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Be aware of and operate within the Fair Housing Standards and company policies.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
- To perform duties assigned by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- To follow the schedule prepared by the Property Manager/Service Manager.
- Wear personal protective equipment, as required by policy, including: lumbar belt, wrap around goggles, and cut/slash gloves.
- To attend and participate in regular monthly safety meetings.
- Perform such other work related duties as may be assigned by the Company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.