Assistant Property Manager-Konover Residential Corporation-Amherst & Northampton, MA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position is the deputy to the senior management person on site. While the Property Manager carries primary responsibility for the overall management of the site including planning, marketing, leasing, budgeting, fiscal management, maintenance supervision and administration, the Assistant Property Manager has secondary responsibility for all the same areas. The Assistant Property Manager must ensure that all items needing attention are communicated to the Property Manager, and must work with the Property Manager to devise and implement a successful resolution of such items. In the absence of the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager assumes the role of the Property Manager, including the supervision of all personnel on site and liaison with the Regional Manager.
The specific job duties of an Assistant Property Manager will vary from one property to another based on the size and needs of each location. Specific duties will be assigned by the Regional Manager and Property Manager
SCOPE OF DUTIES: The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Assistant Property Manager. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Konover Residential Corporation emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Also, since it is Konover Residential Corporation’s philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, we recommend an ongoing effort to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and around your own. This position description does not constitute an employment contract between Konover Residential Corporation and any site employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Konover Residential Corporation and its affiliated companies.
- Responsible for ensuring a professional appearance and manner for oneself and all personnel at all times.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge and administration of the following:
- Leasing techniques and sales methods as designated by Konover Residential Corporation and its affiliated companies. Knowledge of property rental information.
- Management company policies and procedures and property community policies.
- Efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
- Posting rent to the Rent Roll tracking system, daily deposits and recordkeeping.
- Ensuring contact with business and locator services, and insuring availability of promotional materials.
- Seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- Adhere to regular attendance on the job.
- Knowledgeable in and comply with all local, state and federal regulations governing the property including landlord/tenant regulations.
- Perform such other work related duties as may be assigned by the company.
The Assistant Property Manager will also assist the Property Manager in:
- Interviewing, screening and hiring all property employees and subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all office personnel.
- Inventory and ordering all necessary administrative supplies and equipment for the property.
- Operating the property within the financial guidelines, i.e., the budget, established by the RPM and Owner.
- Leasing of the property; insuring through supervision of the office and leasing personnel that all sales techniques and methods required by the management company are being used effectively and in a professional manner.
- Daily physical inspections of the property and direct supervision of the service, grounds and custodial personnel.
- Responsible for property maintenance of all resident and property files.
- Ensuring that all personnel respond to resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Generating various reports, i.e., Company-required reports, HUD information etc.
- Implementing, designing and maintaining a resident retention program, i.e. newsletter, resident referral program or social activities.
- Ensuring that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Reporting any unusual extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents, property or personnel.
- Preparation and administration of the property’s operating budget, including control of monthly expenses using the Budget Control Book, where applicable.
- Property contracts and suppliers as well as their goods and services.
- Market surveys and awareness of market conditions and developing and administering a marketing plan for the property under the guidance of the RPM.
- Collection of rents and all monies on site including daily bank deposits and records.
- Lease renewal and re certification procedures.
- All unit inspection: Unit move-ins and move-outs for damages as well as perform annual inspections.
- Processing evictions.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate payroll records.
- Job counseling, employee disciplinary notices, and performance evaluations for employees on site.
- Reporting any property loss or liability related incidents and work-related injuries to the RPM, Director of Property Management, and to the claims person at Konover Residential Corporation.
- Maintaining required safety records, conduct semi-annual safety survey and conduct regular monthly safety meetings for all site employees, maintaining safety meeting records.
- Perform such other work-related duties as may be assigned by the company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities unless the Property Manager is unavailable or away from the property.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The Connecticut Real Estate License is required for all Connecticut properties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.